Eco-living is a passion for Nicole and Andrew, so it was natural for them to incorporate as many simple ideas as they could to make their special day more eco-friendly. We think their effort was amazing and shows that from little things a big difference grows.
- Made their own invitations from handmade paper, hemp twine, leaves and post consumer waste envelopes.
- Their engagement party was held in their backyard and used all recycled paper plates, cups and cornstarch cutlery.
- Pre-wedding hair cuts and waxing were done at natural salons along with Nicole using natural cosmetics for her wedding make-up.
- Already devotees of natural brands for their body and hair care, they were groomed beautifully and naturally on the day.
- The bride's dress was made from silk and the groom wore cotton and linen.
- One of their most special gestures was to donate a few dollars per guest to the Australian Bush Heritage Fund rather than give favours (and each table had a message about this on recycled paper).
- Table decorations were lovely native flowers.
- The wedding mud cake was given to them as a wedding present by a family friend and was made using organic ingredients where possible.
Nicole says "when it came to our wedding we wanted to embrace the values that we both happily share into a day that was fun and relaxed for all".